High Falls Park's Forum - for all campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High Falls Park's Forum - for all campers

TO MAKE RESERVATIONS, ORDER FIREWOOD, ETC, CONTACT KIM AT : kimbo483@verizon.net or go at WWW.HIGHFALLSPARK.COM

HomeHome  Portal / ResumePortal / Resume  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bingo Night

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gfleury

gfleury

Female Number of posts : 19
Site number : 152 Jerry Lane

Bingo Night Empty
PostSubject: Bingo Night   Bingo Night EmptySat 04 Jul 2009, 4:05 pm

I just want to say thanks to all the people that organized the night... It worked out great....made for something fun to do while it rained.
Again,

Thanks
Back to top Go down
dbco

dbco

Male Number of posts : 15

Bingo Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bingo Night   Bingo Night EmptySun 05 Jul 2009, 11:18 pm

I heard through the grapevine that HFP charged the organizers $20 to use the pavilion for Bingo night ("to help cover the costs of electricity"!). I really hope that this isn't true?!?! Talk about nickel and diming! LOL! Not to mention the fact that this would only serve to discourage the volunteers. If anything, you'd think that such an activity would have been encouraged (say by offering free coffee or something).
Back to top Go down
paradisa
Admin / moderator
paradisa

Female Number of posts : 420
Job/hobbies : Business expert - supply chain/purchasing
Site number : 47

Bingo Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bingo Night   Bingo Night EmptyMon 06 Jul 2009, 3:05 am

It was a great night despite the real bad weather Bingo Night 413238 Bingo Night 497527 Bingo Night 413238 . Thanks to all players + Lucie and Brenda Bingo Night 751470

To be clear with the 20$ fee, I've asked HFP administration if HFP was okay with the fact that 100% of proceeds was going to be distributed to the players. The answer was yes. Then, I asked if there was a fee for the use of the pavillion. The answer was " A "donation" of 20$ would be nice because HFP is usually making decent money with other people reserving the pavillion".

I'll go back to them to discuss about that issue, because if the donations are not high enough to cover the cost, then it means that the organizers have to pay it...We really insist that 100% of proceeds is distirbuted among the winners. We've supplied enough money so far, enough effort and enough time not to be added another 20$ per week (not that the amount is big). It is more a question of principle.

We are not talking about a private party where the pavillion is reserved only to certain people. We are talking about an activity for ALL campers. I can understand to a certain extent that a private party prevents other campers from the use of the pavillion so yes there should be a fee to cover that. But for an activity made for ALL Question scratch Rolling Eyes ...I think it deserves to be discussed again with HFP administration. I'm sure there is a solution Idea reasonable for all.

We have agreed not to make a penny from that activity. We have made a few bucks more than the 20$. It is kept to build a kind of "working capital". For example, I supplied the first box of 100 playing pads for free to get started. But I won't supply it all the time for sure. The working capital will supply the money to support their cost. So far, Lucie is supplying her bingo machine, she provided bottled water, Brenda provided sodas, chips, tablecloths and dabbers and I've supplied the playing sheets, built a new board, chips and all required office supplies. Not to mention our time spent to get organized. The financial book is available to be checked by ANY camper.

Anyway, we are very happy about the first bingo night held at HFP ! Hope that even more campers are going to be there for our second - improved version!!! on July 10th at 7:30 Bingo Night 332522
Back to top Go down
gfleury

gfleury

Female Number of posts : 19
Site number : 152 Jerry Lane

Bingo Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bingo Night   Bingo Night EmptyMon 06 Jul 2009, 9:12 pm

Can't make it this week, going out of state.....
but once again thanks to all.
Can we add a maintenance fee to the charge ...say $2 - $3 dollars to cover
the extras.. i know i would be happy to help with
the costs..

Enjoy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bingo Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bingo Night   Bingo Night Empty

Back to top Go down

Bingo Night
Page 1 of 1