High Falls Park's Forum - for all campers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High Falls Park's Forum - for all campers

TO MAKE RESERVATIONS, ORDER FIREWOOD, ETC, CONTACT KIM AT : kimbo483@verizon.net or go at WWW.HIGHFALLSPARK.COM

HomeHome  Portal / ResumePortal / Resume  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Internet Connection?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wirlwind

wirlwind

Female Number of posts : 3
Site number : P

Internet Connection? Empty
PostSubject: Internet Connection?   Internet Connection? EmptySat 23 May 2009, 2:11 pm

Hey Kim,
Any chance of ever getting internet connection at High Falls? Ponderosa now has Wifi!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
curious

curious

Male Number of posts : 45
Site number : 000

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connection?   Internet Connection? EmptyMon 25 May 2009, 7:09 pm

Very good question Internet Connection? 332522
The cell tower project is a wonderful improvement; is there going to be the wifi connection provided with that tower?
I do not think campers who want the internet would not accept to pay a bit more
High Falls Park web site states this:"We are modem friendly to our cyber campers with an area provided to access your favorite ISP in peace and quiet." They forgot to mention that campers need to have their own phone line to get connected to the web No I may be wrong but there is no such area,not even at the office,that allows campers to connect their laptops.I've asked last year and the lady in front said that there was not such a service at High Falls.
I mean we all love High Falls park but it would be really nice to upgrade this campground to 2009 reality
I would love to see an internet wifi system in the campground.
Back to top Go down
wirlwind

wirlwind

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connection?   Internet Connection? EmptyTue 26 May 2009, 7:36 pm

I am by no means a computer genius but I do believe that all they need is a server that is unsecured in order for us to connect to it. I have taken my lap top to Fletcher Allen, Alice Hyde and the Motel 6 in Burlington and have been able to connect at all three places through their server. Motel 6 I needed a security code to access it which was obtained from the office, something that would be great at High Falls also. I'm sure a call to Time Warner from High Falls and an answer could be given. I would gladly pay extra for the service. As I'm sitting at home tonite working on my college classes, I would much rather be able to work on it at camp. And yes I know for those who don't think it should be done cause it is camp and should stay camp, in a way I agree but I also would rather be at camp working on my classes then sitting at home cause I can't get any connection. Oh and no phone line was needed.

A little pogo never hurt any body on a rainy day either.
Back to top Go down
paradisa
Admin / moderator
paradisa

Female Number of posts : 420
Job/hobbies : Business expert - supply chain/purchasing
Site number : 47

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connection?   Internet Connection? EmptyTue 26 May 2009, 10:59 pm

Hi Wirlwind Internet Connection? 674628 Hello Curious !

I've asked Kim the same question at the beginning of May. Here is her answer :

"The cell tower is Verizon. For cell phones. As for Internet there is wireless available through verizon but you do need a phone connection for this. I have a laptop and have wireless up to camp but as I said you do need a phone line for this."

Since Kim is really busy, she cannot answer every post we address to her. So, here's what I'll do: print out this topic and all comments from campers and deliver them to Kim.

The idea of a "special key number" to get access to the main line is great. Users could pay to have that number. Campers who do not want it, don't have to pay. User = payer.
Back to top Go down
wirlwind

wirlwind

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connection?   Internet Connection? EmptyWed 27 May 2009, 4:44 pm

Maybe since the cell tower is Verizons, perhaps Verizon also could provide a server for HFP, I believe the are DSL. Can't hurt to ask Time Warner and DSL, worst that can happen is they say no. I agree with a poll of all the campers also, needs to be cost effective for all. I definitely vote YES!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Internet Connection?   Internet Connection? Empty

Back to top Go down

Internet Connection?
Page 1 of 1