High Falls Park's Forum - for all campers

TO MAKE RESERVATIONS, ORDER FIREWOOD, ETC, CONTACT KIM AT : kimbo483@verizon.net or go at WWW.HIGHFALLSPARK.COM

HomeHome  Portal / ResumePortal / Resume  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Rain, Rain, Rain

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dbco

Male Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Rain, Rain, Rain   Sun 26 Jul 2009, 10:14 pm

I bet this is going to go down as one of the wettest summers ever; can count the days that we didn't have any rain on one hand!

But on the bright side: no "No Fires" warnings, no "Conserve Water" warnings... and my vacation isn't until next month (when it's gonna be hot and sunny).

Speaking of water, has anyone else noticed how gross the tap-water is at camp this year? BLEAH. We used it to cook some macaroni this afternoon and all we could taste was the chlorine. I understand that there's a (State-enforced) need to treat the well-water, but are they going maybe just a little overboard with it?

We've been getting out drinking water from the spring in Brainardsville (now that's GOOD water!). Guess we're gonna have to start cooking with it as well. If you haven't tried that water yet, I highly recommend it. Drive up the 374 to Brainardsville... just past the flashing yellow light, turn left on the first road. Then make a quick right and not too far you'll find the spring-water is on the left. Can't miss it - a tiny structure with 2 pipes spewing water. The water is ice-cold, fresh, and best of all - FREE!

(I once heard a rumor that there's a spring just like it in Chateaugay - but haven't found that one... yet!).

dbco
Back to top Go down
dbco

Male Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Sunny and HOT!   Sun 16 Aug 2009, 12:11 am

Did I call it or what? Smile A sunny and HOT August! What a perfect time to be on vacation at HFP. Must be super hot back home in the city.... Glad we're here enjoying it!

dbco
Back to top Go down
paradisa
Admin / moderator

Female Number of posts : 420
Job/hobbies : Business expert - supply chain/purchasing
Site number : 47

PostSubject: Re: Rain, Rain, Rain   Tue 18 Aug 2009, 1:07 pm

Why didn't you call it before ? Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rain, Rain, Rain